Safety Tips for Drivers:
1. Drive within the speed limit. It is better to reach your destination late than not at all. Be extra cautious of driving speeds when the road is wet.
2. Give the road 100% of your attention. Don’t allow yourself to be distracted or try to multi-task while driving
3. Put the phone down. That notification can wait till you reach your destination.
4. Don’t drink and drive! Driving under the influence puts not only you at risk, but also your passengers, other drivers and pedestrians as well.
5. Avoid driving when sleepy. This is perhaps one of the most dangerous things you can do as a driver. You may not realise when the sleep overtakes you and you lose control of the car.
6. Use your indicator. Fellow drivers can’t read your mind to know your next move.
7. Be aware of what other drivers are doing around you and expect the unexpected.
8. Leave enough distance between you and the car in front. Should any sudden stops be made, there is sufficient room for you to manoeuvre around the car.
9. Avoid driving on the blind spot of other vehicles.
10. In the event of adverse weather conditions, always keep in mind – if you cannot see or operate the vehicle safely – you should not be driving!